Thursday, December 28, 2006

Lots. And often.

This has been my diet regime for the last week or so.

I do not appear to be able to stop grazing on the culinary delights of the season. Not a whole hour has passed that has not had some kind of foodstuff consumed within it.

Favourite little munch this year has been cold roasted beef and parsnips, with just a light smattering of horseradish sauce.
I don't advise you try this seemingly innocent yet strangely intriguing snack, because it is indeed seriously moreish, and has, I imagine, the same level of addiction danger as crack cocaine.

Just say No.

If even one more light and crumbly sesame cracker, with creamy cream cheese and spicy tomato relish atop it passes these lips, I surely deserve to lose the ability to swallow!

Hot sausage roll anyone? Mince pie and cream with that? Or perhaps I can tempt you with my nuts?

Don't see anything you like here? Well go looky-see in the fridge, where I'm sure you'll find something you fancy in amongst the dips, various smoked fish, the cheeses, the puddings, the pastries, cold cuts and vast array of jarred, pickled items that we have.........AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!




I'm eating an After Eight as I write, knowing that one is never enough, and finding myself with my mind on a hunk of pork pie.......

12 Comments:

Blogger Gavin Corder said...

Hunky porkers? Blimey the smut on here!

Thursday, December 28, 2006 6:26:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Gav, please tell me what you find so smutty about me waving my nuts around by means of temptation?

You have your mind in the sewer, clearly.

K xxx

Friday, December 29, 2006 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger Name Witheld said...

I know what you mean about seasonal grazing, Kay. I made the fatal error of weighing myself this morning and I was 4lbs above what I consider my "critical" weight. Still, it's not even New Year's Eve yet so I've a few more days indulgence before I can realistically do anything about it.

Friday, December 29, 2006 1:13:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

I dare not stand on a scale LPJ.....

But, like you, I feel there are still a few more hours left yet for this to continue.

Then I shall have to kick start this flabby arse into action and move away from the buffet!

K xx

Saturday, December 30, 2006 1:02:00 PM  
Blogger amusing said...

Four packages of HobNobs stashed out of reach of the young'uns. But The Eldest just caught me noshing on one in the kitchen and is ecstatic to know they are in the house. He'll be asking for one at lunchtime, I just know it....

Sunday, December 31, 2006 3:44:00 PM  
Blogger Gavin Corder said...

Happy New Year!!!!!

Monday, January 01, 2007 4:38:00 AM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Amusing, I have been known to try and stash, but now that Number 1 son is taller than me, his reach goes beyond mine.

Damn the greedy munchkins!

Kayfer x

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 5:20:00 PM  
Blogger Linda Mason said...

Kate, I discovered the cold roast beef and parsnips thingy a few years ago. I love 'em for breakfast on a Monday morning. Trouble is there are rarely any left overs in this house!

I hope that you have had a wonderful time. Happy 2007 and I am pleased to hear that you will be back blogging soon. I miss your ramblings when you're not here. You have a good view of the world and its inhabitants that makes for interesting reading.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 10:26:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Thank you Mags.

Have an excellent year.

K xx

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 5:58:00 PM  
Blogger Gavin Corder said...

The unblogliness is a veritable plague round these here parts... Which parts? Oh crumbs! That's rude!

Blog blog boggety blog

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 2:12:00 AM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

I do not have the time.

I've been a bit busy on a message board.....

K x

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 5:52:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Oh Gav, do apologise.

I've been a little busy posting on a message board....

K xx

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 5:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home