Thursday, January 11, 2007

Job done.

I am just about as pleased as I can be today.

The Boy passed his driving test this afternoon and I am thrilled!

I can see his whole life taking a much more exciting turn now, and while all of this is a huge indicator that it truly is time to let go, I couldn't be more happy for him.

He really is a lovely young man, and I swell with the only real pride I have ever known, every time he makes a new mark on the world.

Some bugger stole his moped just before Christmas, so he has been somewhat stuck at home for the last 3 weeks. We really are a bit isolated where we are, and with the outrageous cost of insurance for 17 year olds, he is waiting until he turns 18 next week, before we get the car insured. This all means that he has a car and a driving license, but still can't go anywhere! I cannot pretend I would have been so patient at his age, and possibly not even at my age!

Anyway, I am going to break my resolve not to drink alcohol on school nights, and drink a toast to his success.

I think we all agree, it'd be rude not to.

Cheers!

4 Comments:

Blogger Linda Mason said...

Cheers Kate ;-)

I am pleased for him and you. He'll be able to pick you up when you've been out on the town getting wasted!

Thursday, January 11, 2007 10:31:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Oooh Mags! I didn't think of that......

K xx

Friday, January 12, 2007 6:01:00 PM  
Blogger Gavin Corder said...

Numptie! That's the only reason my eldest WON'T learn to drive. His Grandmother gave him £500 for lessons on his 18th - he'll be 20 in June! But he does live in Hampstead and cycles to main Campus on The Strand....

And before you cast nasturtiums on his integrity he hasn't spent the money on anything else either.

Your numptiness doesn't detract from Charlie's achievement - Well done that boy!

Thursday, January 18, 2007 6:51:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

I know Gav. But from here on in, I shall find all kinds of reasons to get drunk and stranded and leave the lad with no option but to come out and save me from myself.

K x

Friday, January 19, 2007 6:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home