Friday, July 14, 2006

Those Chili Peppers are Reeeeeed Hot!

I shall be seeing the Red Hot Chili Peppers tomorrow night, and am so glad there is finally only one more sleep!

This'll be the third time I'll have seen them now; once in Paris, once in Amsterdam, and tomorrow, London. I only have New York and Munich to go, and I'll have 'pop music'!!!

I decided months ago to make a proper old time of it, so we are going into London in the morning for a wander about Harrods food hall and then for a picnic in Hyde Park. The weather forecast is giving the ultimate in green lights, with a forecast 28 degrees, clear skies and a nice breeze.

We're booked into a rather splendid hotel on Buckingham Palace Road, and will no doubt make the most of the facilities before going off to Earl's Court for the gig, where we shall meet a couple of others that we know and love.

Now, if there is better way to spend a saturday, I'd like to hear about it.

The company will be great, the band are the most energetic thing I have ever seen with my own 2 eyes, and I'm sure will make me marvel again at the spectacle, and later, I can flounch about in fat, fluffy robes, smelling like a tart's handbag from all the Penhaligon goodies I've been dousing myself in!

Have I died or something?

5 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

"everbodies talking 'bout (gulpy pause) pop music"

Hello Lena! well you've seen them by now and recovered as it's sunday evening in the UK. Hope it went well. You sound like you're spoiling youself...

and..


the allergy seems to have cleared up...ahem.

Sunday, July 16, 2006 6:21:00 PM  
Blogger Span Ows said...

P.S. the chillis I ate last night were pretty hot too!

(minces away with buttocks clutched together)

Sunday, July 16, 2006 6:23:00 PM  
Blogger Crispin Heath said...

How was it Lena.

Monday, July 17, 2006 10:30:00 AM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Hello Span,

Hope your bum's stopped smarting.

I'm feeling much better thank you for asking (ahem!) and I don't think I intend to go back.....infact, I know I don't!

I have other plans..............



K xxxx

Monday, July 17, 2006 12:19:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

It was great thanks Six!

It's a pity that the accoustics in Earls Court are a bag of shite, but they did they're thing to the best of their ability and made hairs stand on end!

K xxxx

Monday, July 17, 2006 12:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home