Friday, March 31, 2006

Believe this if you can.

I am not kidding when I tell this tale.

It is the truth, and I swear it to be so.

I have noticed, in the last ten days or so, that whenever I blow my nose, there are tiny blue flecks in my snot.

(Please stick with it, Dear Reader. It doesn't stay so gross, but it is quite marvellous I think.)

I have been a little baffled by it, but kind of thought it might be dust from the office or flecks in the tissue (I only buy white tissue so I was being a bit dense even thinking that!).

Anyway, this morning, with the full-blown cold thing going on, I blew a mighty nose full, out.

More bluey-green flecks than ever! Bigger this time! More substantial as some kind of examinable item.

Most baffling.

Later in the day when refreshing an eyeliner I have worn without incident for some time now that is in a similar colour, it occurred to me that this teal colour that I have been finding in my snot, exactly matches the colour of the new eyeliner I bought about 10 days ago from Avon!

This new eyeliner causes a bit of a reaction in my eyes, in that about 45 mins after I have applied it, my eyes feel like they have a film over them, I cannot see clearly and they run a bit. It clears after about 5 minutes, with a little bit of vigorous ball rubbing! Consequently I have only used it 3 times, hoping it'd be ok.

Anyhoo, I think it's enetered my nasal passages! Is this physically possible???

I have written to Avon just to give them a bit of a laugh, but I swear to God, this is happening.

I am going to do some experiments with this over the weekend with the assistance of my friend Betty. No rabbits will be harmed.

She has come up with the ingenious plan of seeing if the flecks spread on a piece of tissue in the same way eyeliner would.

Nice weekend we're gonna have eh?!

A true mate.

3 Comments:

Blogger Name Witheld said...

Mystery solved!! Mrs LPJ is a Pharmacist and she tells me the tear ducts are connected to the back of the nose. Anything really small that gets in your eyes is washed down the tear duct and down your nose.

Mr & Mrs LPJ for all sorts of bizarre, but useful, information!

Saturday, April 01, 2006 6:53:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Marvellous!!

I thought this must surely be the case, and I've seen people snort milk up theirnose and squirt it from their tear ducts, so it all makes perfect sense.

Can't say I'm too keen on it all though, and am womdering if the particualr eyeliner that causes it is a bit more 'plastic' than others I use, and has therefore not dissolved in the same way another might.

It's a theory.

K x

P.S Poor Mrs LPJ. She must have wondered what the F you were on about!!!

Saturday, April 01, 2006 7:47:00 PM  
Blogger Span Ows said...

Les paul has pipped me - well about a week ago!!! Not only the tear ducts but everything else as well. All drain out via the nose to throat - eustation tubes from ears to nose/ sinuses etc....we are quite a wonderful 'machine' when you think about it.

Anyway katey, I hope you're well and that life is rosey (rosey with horse dung manure)

Monday, April 10, 2006 8:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home