Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Gomez - The Mutts Nuts!

What a bloody excellent night I've just had!

Saw my favourite band of all, the marvellous Gomez, at Shepherd's Bush, and oh it so hard to go to bed now!

Seriously hot night for it, but hey, you just give yourself over to the sweat, and it all makes for good clean fun.
No-one should ever leave a place as gorgeous as they went in. That suggests a crap night out.

This is the second time I've seen them, and I'd do it again I tell's ya!

For the unfamilliar, I'd recommend their second album, 'Liquid Skin'. It's all you need to get you started.

If you are ever lucky enough to be handed the opportunity to see a Gomez gig, especially by way of a free spare ticket (as I bestowed on one of the good folks of Shepherd's Bush this evening) I urge you to accept with gratitude, perhaps even showing a little bit of love to your generous benefactor, safe in the knowledge that you will have your little socks blown off and be unable to sleep for the experience!



"Come back.....I've given up fags and drugs now, baby..........."

11 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Shepherds Bush...ahhhh (sighs) you are mentioning one of the 'names' of my very impressionable youth: along with Hammersmith (Palais and Odeon) and the Marquis (Wardour Street - it keeps changing)I must have seen close to hundreds (as against dozens) of bands...some complete shite (as you'd expect) but others so memorable that...so memorable that... so...that...I can't name one as I write this!!! doh!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 9:55:00 PM  
Blogger Span Ows said...

Do i need to mention the pervy teenager pressing against the girls in a tight packed hall and when they turned around my innocent (of course) face looking elsewhere...what, me? press my bits against you on purpose?..oh the very thought!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 9:56:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Oh Spanish, you absolute wrong 'un!!!

Were you the bloke wearing the mac in 90 degrees???

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 7:04:00 PM  
Blogger Span Ows said...

no!....mac?

Thursday, June 15, 2006 7:29:00 PM  
Blogger Name Witheld said...

Hi K,

Took my son to see Joe Satriani at Newcastle City Hall on Saturday night. There's nothing like a good concert, is there? Young Bob had not see the great guitar god before and he was totally impressed.

Monday, June 19, 2006 2:53:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Hello LPJ.

I love to see parents with their kids at gigs.

It's a good lesson to teach them to let themselves go and to learn how to still have fun when you're older!

K x

Monday, June 19, 2006 8:41:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Well done to you Gav.

I bet you can shag all night now that your lungs are repaired.......

Hope the same can still be applied to your drinking.


K x

Nice word verification there, I agree!

Monday, June 19, 2006 8:42:00 PM  
Blogger Span Ows said...

I fine post indeed Gavin! Glad you're 'here'/ back

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 3:22:00 PM  
Blogger flyingfinn said...

Hi Kate,

It's always good watching a band live. It's a good way of really seeing what a musician is made of, so to speak.

:-)

Sunday, June 25, 2006 7:08:00 PM  
Blogger Mister Frost said...

Gomez are magnificent! I remember the first time I heard Whippin' Piccadilly like it was yesterday (it wasn't BTW) and that voice... that amazing voice. Shiver. They were one of two bluesy influenced bands that got me through the late nineties the other being the rather more full on Jon Spencer Blues Explosion.

Thursday, July 06, 2006 8:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally! A fellow poster who knows what the feckI'm raving on about!

Augustus, I knew I could stand on you!

Live, they are tighter than a gnat's chuff, let me tell you, and that voice? Well be reliably informed that it does not diminish for a moment.

K xxxxxxx

Friday, July 07, 2006 8:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home