Friday, January 19, 2007

Fairy nuff

Someone said a most unusual and oddly lifting thing to me today.

I work with a very calm, very level woman who just so happens to be a member of a spiritual church.
Now I mention her calm, level nature first, because I cannot stress enough just how unkooky this lovely lady is.
She has been a manager within top organisations. She has run businesses in her own right. She tackles everything with a logical, methodical mind. And above all, nothing fazes her.

I have no definite beliefs, no God that I know is there, no sure sense that there is a puropse or a meaning to my life from a spiritual point of view.
I look for evidence, facts, logic, and yet like most people I guess I still live in hope of a spiritual meaning to it all. I suspect this is the truth for many, many people.

Anyway, back to my story........

She started by asking me if I have a love of fairies..............I have to say at this point, she had a look on her face that I took as not being sure if it was the right thing to do, like she thought I might think her as mad as a brush. It really is not her usual approach in any area of how we work together, be it business discussions or personal chats, and I could see she was somewhat apprehensive. She owes me nothing, and yet I felt a leap of faith.

I replied that I am indeed often drawn to pictures of fairies and the like (because they are usually delicate and intricate and beautifully illustrated, often with nature as a backdrop) but that I had no sense of belief in them or their ilk.

"Why?", I asked.

" Because do you know what I see when I look at you Katey?", she asked.

" I see little fairy type things, little lights dancing around above your head. They're there all the time. And you know, they love being with you. It's like they're feeding off your.................energy, your aura....... They're your little guides."

Coming from the person who said this, I find myself not wishing to dismiss her, despite the fact that my logic wants to do exactly that.
This is all completely aside from the fact that I cannot believe that something so charming and lovely in it's concept could be attributed to me.
I am so lifted by the fact that even if this is something in her own mind, she would offer such a description of what she sees when she looks at me. It has really touched me and I keep casting my eyes just above my head and having a little smile to myself.

I cannot help but get something lovely from it.

I'm always looking for the tangible and it is odd that I should feel this is something I will bear in mind as I go about my daily business.

I'll hold no grand stock in it, but I'll remind myself in times of ocassional personal crisis and frequent self doubt, that there is someone who sees something different.

Nice.

14 Comments:

Blogger Linda Mason said...

What a beautful thing to be told about yourself. I think she's right you know!

Friday, January 19, 2007 11:16:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Hi Mags.

It really is one of loveliest things anyone has ever said to me.

I really feel I belong in this particular job too, so it has boosted all kinds of feelings.

As for you, lovely Mags, I reckon she'd see strength and courage when she looked at you.
You strike me as a woman with balls, meant of course in the nicest possible way.

K xx

Saturday, January 20, 2007 5:36:00 PM  
Blogger Linda Mason said...

'A woman with balls'. I'll let you into a secret! Not long after I had daughter I got an infection. My groin and nether regions swelled to such an extent that I looked like Buster Gonads. He would have been very jealous of what I had. So I reckon you're right, although I have been referred to as a pet rottweiller, so maybe 'bitch' might be more appropriate. Yee haa!

Saturday, January 20, 2007 10:02:00 PM  
Blogger Name Witheld said...

One of our best friends is a white witch. She comes out with all sorts of stuff which seems completely at odds with her job as a pharamacist. She is, btw, one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet. I can't claim for one moment to understand her but she's a great friend.

Sunday, January 21, 2007 6:04:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Oh Mags! That sounds....nasty!

Did you pretend to be a man and play with them constantly?

K x

Monday, January 22, 2007 1:12:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

LPJ, I have a great friend who is a healer.

She barely understands it all herself, but has amazing results with the people she works on.

Again, she is a level person in every way, and I don't doubt her in the least.

I can say though, that I feel at peace with myself as a person whenever I have been with her.

K x

Monday, January 22, 2007 1:14:00 PM  
Blogger Name Witheld said...

You've hit an interesting nail on the head there, K. If you feel at ease in someones's presence then it's a good sign, isn't it?

Monday, January 22, 2007 2:51:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

I believe that's a good marker LPJ.

My healer friend is so understanding of the human condition, and is always there with an open heart and mind, and I knew we'd be great friends from the moment I met her.

She looks like Kiera Knightley's older sister, which makes her pretty damned easy on the eye too!

K xx

Monday, January 22, 2007 5:31:00 PM  
Blogger Crispin Heath said...

That is a fabulous thing to say. I agree even if it is in her head what a lovely thing to project.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 11:25:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Hello Six. Nice to hear from you.

It's the kind of thing that you should allow yourself to be gladdened isn't it?

Oddly enough, I have a friend who is at a retreat in Wales getting help for alcoholism, and she sent me a card that she'd made me.

It had two little flying fairies on the front.

Nice little coincidence to make me think again!

K xxx

Thursday, January 25, 2007 7:26:00 PM  
Blogger Linda Mason said...

Kate...LOL, no I didn't play with them. I couldn bare to be touched.

Are you the tooth fairy?

If you are can we come to some sort of arrangement only daughter has about 7 loose teeth at the moment.

Thursday, January 25, 2007 11:07:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Ok Mags, I can collect at £1 a go, or I'll take the lot for a fiver.

How's that?

K xx

Friday, January 26, 2007 5:41:00 PM  
Blogger Linda Mason said...

Well you're cheaper than out tooth fairy! Any chance of a transfer?

Friday, January 26, 2007 7:41:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Hmmmm....I get the feeling that tooth fairying is like council tax - I think it depends what Band you're in.

K xxx

Monday, January 29, 2007 4:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home