Friday, January 12, 2007

My Sissy

I was somewhat surprised to be part of a chat with Gav (on his rather marvellous message board) when I happened to mention my sister, and he expressed surprise that I had one!

I'm certain that I have made mention of one of my dearest people in all the world, before the telling of the 'mourning of the hamsters' tale.

But anyhow, I'm doing it now, by way of small tribute to my darling sister Sam.

She is a truly wonderful woman, who has built an ever growing family on excellent disciplines and open hearts.

I love her very much.

More importantly, I like her immensely.

She is funny and honest, kind and helpful above and beyond the call of duty, with a creative, lateral mind, that I can only wonder at.

I also have 2 brothers, one of which, I mentioned in my first or second blog entry (what goes on with him now is a whole other blog entry in itself! It involves my gorgeous ex-neighbour from last years Christams offerings......)
My other brother has yet to get a mention, but I shall pay homage to them both as I go.

Anyway, I think it's important that these things get a mention for the records, and in my sister's case, I shall close in wishing her health, wealth, and continued happiness, and sending up prayers that no other pet induced grief shall ever again darken her door.

8 Comments:

Blogger Name Witheld said...

Hi Kay,

I must admit I can't recall you ever mentioning your siblings. I sort of had seven (one died before I was born) and now have five.

The short answer is "No", I don't really get on with them. One of my brothers does ring me up every fortnight but the rest have little time for me.

Be grateful that you get on with your family : not all of us can say that.

Sunday, January 14, 2007 5:25:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Hello LPJ.

I find it sad when famillies don't like each other, but it often cannot be helped.

I think as long as each individual is ok with a decision not to want another family member around it's ok, but in view of the fact that I am close to my lot, I find it hard to believe that anyone would be ok with being disconnected.

I really hope it's not a situation that troubles you.

K x

Monday, January 15, 2007 2:24:00 PM  
Blogger Linda Mason said...

I have a very 'interesting' relationship with my sister. I must blog about it sometime. My relationship with my brother is pretty straight forward. We either see each other masses in a very short space of time or don't see each other for a couple of months but we do love one another and I would do anything for him.

Monday, January 15, 2007 9:58:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

I'll look forward to that Mags.

Sam & I fought like minxes when we were kids, and it was not unknown for hair to be basically torn from scalps, and the simmering resentment lasted right into our teens. Oddly enough though, we were fiercely protective of each other when it came to outsiders.

It all levelled out properly after she'd had her children and then I had my boy. Now I count her amongst my best friends.

K xx

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 7:53:00 PM  
Blogger Gavin Corder said...

I have obviously not been paying attention!

Look at all the references to your sister!
Here.

Thursday, January 18, 2007 6:54:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Way to do the homework Gav!

You really must get out more mate....

K xxx

Friday, January 19, 2007 6:04:00 PM  
Blogger Crispin Heath said...

Well I hadn't realised either it must be admitted

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 11:30:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Men!...........


K xx

Thursday, January 25, 2007 7:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home