Friday, November 11, 2005

Rainbows and other works of art

I love to see a rainbow, and I am so fortunate where I live in that if the conditions are right for one, I am guaranteed to see it.

And not just see it.

They arch over the field outside my window, sometimes in double. They are so clear and long-lasting, seemingly close enough to pass your hand through.

The splendour of them leaves little wonder in my mind that people looked upon them at times in history and believed them to be a sign from Heaven.

They are other-wordly and when you consider the span, the actual real size of the arch and the distance it can be seen from, the beauty of a rainbow, they are certainly a gift of Nature.

Nature means to dazzle us.

She's a real choreographer and magician, and a rainbow is just her finest folly. One of her pointless, but breath-taking objects de art.

This is one I took a picture of from the balcony one rainy afternoon in October this year.





This was taken just using my rubbish little digital camera, but I think it has picked up the light contrasts, above and below the arch, beautifully.

But if you want to see something the skies have to offer that is, in my opinion, beyond words, check out www.jornolsen.com and click on the 'Mammatus' gallery icon.

I mean, these are CLOUD'S for God's sake!

You will not believe your eyes.

Enjoy!


2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

the dangers of posting several things at once (or in a short space of time) are that people miss the gems...wonderful Lena, isn't nature the most fantastic thing...I could happily sit all day and not get bored in a field/ wood/ riverbank/ seashore/ wherever and watch the world of nature do it's stuff, in the air in the sea, the fauna and flora, etc

Sunday, November 13, 2005 2:22:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

It is as close to God as I'm ever likely to be Span.

Lena x

Sunday, November 13, 2005 6:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home