Monday, November 07, 2005

Shits and Gig-gles

I love being at a live gig. there is nothing quite like it; venues big and small.

I've had a fantastic year in that department. A fantastic few years actually.

There's been Paul Weller and Red Hot Chili Peppers and I Am Kloot, Damien Rice and Gomez, amongst others that I cannot remember, but still have the ticket stubs for!

This year alone I've seen Kasabian in Brighton best gig by far. Coldplay Crystal Palace, dullest gig so far, Kings of Leon,Hammersmith, Doves at Somerset House, which is the best venue ever, and Faithless in Princes Street in Edinburgh. Right at the foot of the castle. Magic! Even got to hear a little bit of Franz Ferdinand warming up the day after!

I still have another Doves gig lined up in Reading! Oh joy! And that is with my best ever gig buddy, Amanda. Oh she does make me laugh!

I'm looking forward to getting out there with a lighter heart and a more peaceful mind.

And this is just the beginning. There are so many others I really want to see too, and I shall be keeping my little peepers open for tickets.

On my hit list for 2006 are The Kaiser Chiefs, Faithless again, Bloc Party, Gomez again, if they ever come home, and I wouldn't mind keeping an eye on Kate Bush either. But there is little chance of her coming out to play, so perhaps I shall have to forego and see someone EPIC like Stevie Wonder (oh I wish!) or K.T Tunstall would be good. If Alanis Morrisette comes to these parts, I'd see her too.

So it's all good on the music and gigs front as far as I'm concerned, and with a new vim and vigour, I shall pursue this soul-food past-time.

Damn! I'd go to the opening of an envelope right now!

4 Comments:

Blogger Gavin Corder said...

With you on the Kaiser Chiefs. Do you download or is the live performance where it's at for you? I get to see lots of gigs - work thing. But it's the daughter who's the download fiend. Me I want to OWN them...So I'm either honest or possessive - your call!

Monday, November 07, 2005 11:57:00 PM  
Blogger Gavin Corder said...

Same with library books. I'm not safe in libaries - I don't want to give them back...Oh dear confessions!

Monday, November 07, 2005 11:58:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Hey gav,

Well The Kaiser Chiefs must be seen I reckon, but they entertain the bejesus out of me on telly too.

They are the one band I can think of that me and my boy both grin like idiots at!

Nice job, whatever it is.

You lucky, lucky man!

K x

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 12:08:00 AM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Oh, and I have never downloaded a tune in my life!

K x

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 12:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home