Friday, February 03, 2006

Spot the Kayfer


This picture was taken in the summer of 1975, when the whole class of girls were bridesmaids for our lovely teacher.

As you can see, we were all dressed identically, and the grown-up ladies at the back, are her sister and best friend.

The boys in our class didn't get all the finery, but we were all treated to a Punch & Judy show, and we had crisps, and there were gifts for us all after the wedding!

I kept the posie I was carrying, for years and years, but they were only paper and it fell horribly apart in the end. I can still name most of the people in the photo, and am in vague touch with one of them

She was a wonderful teacher as I recall, very kind and really pretty, with long, lustrous dark hair.

She became Mrs Pater, but I can no longer remember her maiden name. Her first name is Ann.

She actually taught all of my mum's children, except my sister, and came to one of my brother's weddings many, many years later.

Anyway, I am the one who is standing at her right elbow (as you look at the picture) but had to be at the front of the procession that walked her down the aisle, because I was the shortest!



Yes , yes......only the girls at the front are kneeling!

9 Comments:

Blogger flyingfinn said...

Ah! Bless you, Kate. The Bride and Groom look very nice too. A lovely picture.

Friday, February 03, 2006 9:02:00 PM  
Blogger Span Ows said...

It is a nice picture, in the days when children looked up to their teacher...oops...no offence shorty...;-)

All that hair too! Is it a country church or a 'in the middle of town' country church?

Friday, February 03, 2006 9:21:00 PM  
Blogger Gavin Corder said...

My she was busy running up all those little Bo Peep costumes!

Saturday, February 04, 2006 10:23:00 PM  
Blogger Linda Mason said...

Tee hee....you can certainly date this photograph!

My, you were tiny. Are you still petite?

Sunday, February 05, 2006 4:48:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Hiya Finn,

The bride was certainly a honey; she was an even more sphisticated version of Keira Knightley. Very fine features and a lovely lady to boot. I recall that my mum found her hubby to be quite dashing!

K x

Monday, February 06, 2006 8:09:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Hello Spanish,

At that time, I could easily sit on my hair.

My mum used to use Lenor on it!

K x

Monday, February 06, 2006 8:11:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Those outfits are a bit twee Gav, aren't they?!

K x

Monday, February 06, 2006 8:11:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Hi Mags,

I was alittle barrel back then; akin to something one might keep biscuits in! Not fat, just rotund!

My mum's eldest sister suggested that she get me checked out, to see if I was going to be a dwarf! Charmed I'm sure!

I'm still only 5ft 2, but have been very slim since my son was born.

K x

Monday, February 06, 2006 8:14:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Oh and to answer your question about the church Span, it is in Hanworth in Middlesex.

It is still a beautiful church and sits on probably the nearest thing the place has to a country lane.

It overlooks a part of Hanworth Airpark.

I was raised around that area for most of my life, and my sister lives just a round the corner from there.

K x

Monday, February 06, 2006 8:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home