Monday, February 06, 2006

Tired but happy

I am knackered!

Every limb aches, my finger ends are bruised and my knees are red raw.

No, I did not spend the weekend at an S & M club, I was decorating the bathroom.

Started saturday morning, finished last night.

I've done a pretty good job all round, but my main reason for being just about as pleased as Punch himself, is that I also laid the flooring on my own.

It's not a big space, but it's got some weird arsed ideas about what constitutes a straight wall, has some corners that a mouse would struggle to manouvre in holding anything longer than a grain of rice, and a floor so uneven, it can usually only be found in the 'House of Fun' !

Believe me, this is the only time the word 'fun' could ever appear in text regarding this subject.

I feel Six is here with me, in spirit, as I bathe my blistered hands and try to bring comfort to these crying bones!

8 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

You feel Six in the bath with you drinking spirits? Did I misread something? phew!! This decorating lark seems to have improved since I last tried.

:-O

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 9:07:00 AM  
Blogger Gavin Corder said...

Perhaps you could have a word with Mrs Years Late next time, she seems to be a dab hand at the old DIY. You could "supervise", Six is bar steward, and your lad baby sits Six's nippers... see everyone's happy...:-)

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 3:37:00 PM  
Blogger Name Witheld said...

It seems everyone's at it : decorating that is!!

I've got the hall to do and then it's the living room which will be a killer. I wouldn't mind but I've just had some sequencing software installed on my PC and it's just crying out to be used!!!

No doubt Mrs LPJ will keep me on the straight and narrow!!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 4:54:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Span, only you could have turned my sweet sentiments into something sordid and wrong.

You bad, bad man.

I hope you always get bubbles under your paper now.

K x

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 9:20:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

I like your style Gav, but I think she's going to be a bit busy giving birth any minute now.....

K x

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 9:21:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Hello LPJ,

Tell the good woman to keep a flow of hot beverages and meat sandwiches coming, and you'll get through it....somehow.

K x

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 9:22:00 PM  
Blogger Crispin Heath said...

Well done Kate. I am now on to bedroom 2 and I have to admit I've hit a bit of a groove should be finished by beginning of next week with any luck.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 2:48:00 PM  
Blogger Gavin Corder said...

Thus she'llwant a bit of a breather after the event!

And hot beverages are not the answer. Alcohol for DIY. Tea for gardening.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 7:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home