Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Stings like a Bee-tch!

I have the sorest throat.

It's one of those that sting your nose and makes you feel like you have swallowed a tasty mixture of sand, phlegm, razors, cling film and fire.

For the last week there have also been waves of nausea, snotty, sneezy moments, a head as woolly as Lambsy, and just a general feeling of unwellness.

And now I have a throat that feels like I have a thyroid problem, only yuckier.

Viruses are not my friends.

In the main, we have an understanding; I don't want to fight them, they stay away from me.

It works .

We'll have no trouble here...........

But this is a new Crew. They don't know the rules.

They've never even heard of Cricket, and are making like French students, rioting in my mucus membranes, and the bit that moves when I swallow.

But the weird bit is, I don't feel as ill as I feel????? Does that make sense????

By this, I mean that the way I feel, which is really not good at all, coupled with the pain in my throat, should mean that I am being kept isolated in some manner of oxygen bubble, with relatives weeping at the door and apologising for making me the emotional wreck I am today.

But I'm not actually doen in by this or incapable of going to work. What's that about?

They're definitely not from round here.........

2 Comments:

Blogger flyingfinn said...

Brandy and hotwater. Great for a sore throat, or at least that can be your excuse.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 7:04:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Oh thank you Finn!

I was searching for a a medicinal cure that involved some kind of alcohol, and like a vision, there you were!!!!


K x

Thursday, March 30, 2006 7:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home