Wednesday, March 22, 2006

News and stuff

I've been taking a break from most activities online, this being one of them.

I've been so busy with the new job, with very little opportunity to visit the boards. When I do, Christ on a bike, I'm glad that I'm not so wrapped up in them! Unbearable to see it is!

The mods have got all nazi, the posters that appear with one name and then another, are just as dull as ditchwater, and I'm glad to report that the good folks I want to speak to when I get home, are going to homes and lives of their own. I was even modded yesterday, for having the gall to mention that I thought a deviant thread was fun and that poo should go out to the mods. Modded! For that childish shite?? Oh I fully expect to be chastised and told in no uncertain terms that I am not to be so silly on a board full of such highbrow content and opinion, but modded? Bollocks to them, frankly.

So, Kassia-Kat it is.

I've been working with some Polish lads, and Kassia (it's pronounced Kasha) is Polish for Kate.

The job is going very well as it happens, and I have to say that I am about as happy as a person can be in your average working position. All good.
The boss is a demanding little bugger, but nothing I can't handle, and the challenge of doing everything from scratch, by hand (no computer, VAT books and basically working with quills and lamp light! Ten Guineas a week and not a ha'penny more!) is good for the old grey matter now that I'm another year older.

It was my birthday over the weekend, and it is fair to say that it really was one of the best of my adult life.

No great parties or fuss, but I had dinner with a friend, got drunk a couple of times over the course of the weekend, got tons of cards and texts and gifts and had beautiful moments. It really does not get much better than that.

I even got the chance to see Viki the Hairdresser, so who would I be to complain about getting closer to 40 thanI am to 30, eh? If a girl can get her 'do done on her birthday, she'd be a demanding little minx to expect more.
But more I got! Mainly in the form of love, love, love - family, friends, and loved ones from all the nooks and crannies of my life. It was great.

There was time spent with G, which has been happening alot recently, and while there will always be the cynic in me, I think there's something there that I need to stick with.

He's special. He brings......................much.

He's living with N, and for the moment, that suits me ok. It's all about enjoying the time and the company at the moment, and there are some truly interesting slants he's had to give on things, that I want to hear and explore.
The domestic arrangements give the sense of freedom, whilst still being anchored. Perhaps it's selfish and misguided, but I'm certainly happier this way.

I'm skint. That's been a massive change.

Not too fussed, and again, I've enjoyed the challenge, in this case, of living like a church mouse. Not sure how long that novelty will last, but I didn't know I could live so well with so little! Jeez, I've never been anything close to well-off, but this is really living tight! My mothers 'good living for cheap' skills are coming into their own!!

Charlie is still doing well, and as I write, I'm waiting for him to return from a Chelsea match (1-0 against Newcastle) that he went to on his own! He got the chance of a very cheap ticket, and no matter what, he was going! He's just been on the phone bemoaning the trains.

He's been learning to drive, and has been told that he has a natural ability. I believe this is actually something in the blood. From both sides, he comes from entire families of first-time passers. Pressure's on eh?!?!

I'm getting stuck into the A level, in as much as I'm reading! I think it's best to read with an uncritical eye and then do the exercise set. I'm about to finish 'Spies' and will get to writing and re-reading when I've finished the book.

The other thing that I'm looking into is learning to play the guitar. I have to do it before I die, so now is as good a time as any.

And that's about it.

Hope it's not been too boring for you.

It's just life as I know it.

16 Comments:

Blogger Name Witheld said...

Hi K,

I know what you mean about being busy, and I know what you mean about the R5L News Board! It's hard work these days, isn't it? Still, I think there are just about enough good posters there to make it worthwhile.

Good luck with the A level, and with the guitar playing. I've been playing since 1973 so if you need any tips, just let me know.

We watched the Chelsea game on telly. It wasn't the best game I've ever seen but at least Newcastle got beat which is always a welcome thing in Sunderland!

Friday, March 24, 2006 9:22:00 AM  
Blogger Span Ows said...

Belated birthday best wishes Katey, and I'm glad the jobs going well...so it's GG's at work and G at play?...;-)

Sunday, March 26, 2006 2:42:00 AM  
Blogger flyingfinn said...

It's nice to hear that things are going well for you.:-) Miss you on the boards. I have plenty of free time to myself, so I still spend some time on there.

Monday, March 27, 2006 7:06:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Hi LPJ,

Nice to hear from you as always.

I have to say, I was really pleased that chelsea won the match, or my poor boy would have stood freezing off his cajones for nowt!

K x

Monday, March 27, 2006 8:10:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Hi Span,

Many thank yous! i really did have a great birthday, but like all good things, it feels like a distant memory already!

K x

Monday, March 27, 2006 8:11:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Hello Finn,

Glad to see you still around.

it's kind of nice to know that I'm missed from the boards, and sometimes, when I see the really fun posts, or the ones that are open and properly debated, it makes me miss it very much.

is that a bit sad?

K x

Monday, March 27, 2006 8:13:00 PM  
Blogger flyingfinn said...

No, it's not sad.

Monday, March 27, 2006 8:15:00 PM  
Blogger Crispin Heath said...

Belated Happy Birthday Kate. You sound very contented, it's very good to hear. Take care lovely.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 9:19:00 AM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Hello Six!

It's been ages since I had a one-to-one with you!

Hope all is well with the boys and Nic.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I hope I get to have a few more that are so heart warming and memorable.

K x

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 8:53:00 PM  
Blogger Mister Frost said...

Hi Katey. Whats dull about that? Seems an almost unbearably full life to me. You are spot on about the boards. It really is getting pathetic over there. They can't even decide what is or isn't news so quite how they run a news board is anyone's guess. I was modded last week for the usual righteous indignation over Operation Ore and Dunblane. I must be the only person who gets modded for the same bloody thing all the time!

Friday, April 07, 2006 9:29:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Ah! Augustus,

A rare treat to have you as a visitor to my blog!


I'm ding what I can to jolly those boards along in the evenings, but it's a thankless shitty task frankly!

Shal I stop going there or continue to try and enjoy winding the tossers up?

K x

Monday, April 10, 2006 6:46:00 PM  
Blogger Linda Mason said...

Oh Sorry Katey....I am very late at finding out that I missed your birthday. Many apologies. I am now raising a bottle in your favour...hic.

Now tell me, this long after your birthday, did you actually get any really useless presents?

xx

Sunday, April 16, 2006 10:41:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Ah Mags!

I hope you are being a real trooper with that celebratory bottle......

It has to be said, I lucked well and truly in on the present front.

It must surely be all downhill from here.

Kate xx

Monday, April 17, 2006 6:35:00 PM  
Blogger Linda Mason said...

Well Katey, I hope that I am as lucky as you were on Friday although I suspect not!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 7:28:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Well all the best to you Mags.

My advice? Satr hinting madly, at every opportunity.

It's for the best all round; you get your worthy pressies and your loved ones don't waste their time and effort and wads of money (hopefully they'll be generous!)

K x

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 7:54:00 PM  
Blogger Linda Mason said...

I haven't left it to hints this year! Mr Mags got a list with web links for my preferred pressies about a month ago. Mind, Mr Mags is very good and he constantly surprises me with the absolute ingenious presents he comes up with. It's the others I worry about although I did tell the children I didn't want chocolate, don't eat it see.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 10:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home