Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Village People

No, I'm not talking about the handle-bar moustachioed biker and his gang........

I'm talking about the people I work with.
(Think biggest independant furniture retailer in the UK and you'll get me!)

I've been in the job for four and a half months now, and it's good news all round.

Surrounded by some of the best individuals I have ever come across in my working life, who have been more than generous in welcoming me and accepting me with open arems for who I am, this is where I know I'll be for the forseeable future.
I had a such a nightmare with work in the year or so before this came along, and I somehow feel it was all meant to be. I have ended up in a place that feels right.
The pace is fast and demanding, the workload massive, but I find myself absolutely loving it.

As if the shine on all this was not dazzling enough, I was approached by the head of HR last week, sounding me out about a promotion.

I am really pleased that I have been seen as having potential, and I will give the idea due consideration when and if it becomes a firm thing, but it would mean that I'd have to leave my current base and move up the road to Head Office.

The idea of not working with the colleagues I have now leaves me very much in two minds, but the whole company employs some really good people as far as I can see and I think it'll be fun getting to know as many of them as I can.
I also think it's time I took a break from dumbing down my own potential with fears and frets, and started going along with the advice and opportunities offered by those that recognise and acknowledge it.

Whatever happens, I will be forever in the debt of Billy, Tom, Lady P and the other good folks at Slough.

They've made getting paid a bonus.

4 Comments:

Blogger Name Witheld said...

Hi K!

Great to see you blogging once more!

I know a bloke who works for a furniture retailer in the Metro Centre, I think it's called Furniture Village. He has to work all sorts of ungodly hours, well, to a council worker like me they're ungodly!

My wife, who seems to know about these things, reckons this particular chain are one of the better ones,

Anyway enough wittering from me, it's good to hear from you again and I'm glad you're happy in your work.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 6:07:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Hi LPJ.

Your wife clearly knows her stuff!

Some of the Consultants and the Managers, do indeed work ungodly hours, but the rewards are apparently worth it.

Anyway, thanks for looking in LPJ.

K xx

K xx

Thursday, March 15, 2007 6:01:00 PM  
Blogger Linda Mason said...

Good for you Kate. It's been a mare for you this last year or so work wise so I am happy that you are happy.

I will not offer any advice about realising your potential because you will do what is right for you when the times comes.

Thursday, March 15, 2007 10:58:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Ta very much Mags.

You've always been very kind and encouraging, and this post is no exception.

K xx

Friday, March 16, 2007 6:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home