Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds...

At the Royal Albert Hall, 18th April 2006.

Don't mind if I do.

So I am.

Just when we thought there were no tickets, unless we wanted to do it at the soul-less warehouse that is Wembley Arena, my good friend and gig-buddy, persuades me to search some more, and lo! tickets to be had on an obscure site.

Ten minutes later, we've spent £100 each.

And very happy I am too.

Never been to the Royal Albert Hall, and I guess this is as epic a thing as I can experience first time around, so money well spent, in my yet to be humbled opinion(!)

I went to the opera about the same time last year, and must say, I expected more from the Royal Opera House, in terms of architecture and opulence. Maybe that's the peasant in me thinking I know how the other half live!

Anyway, chuffed about this unexpected turn of planned events, and I shall report back as to levels of value for money, in April!

2 Comments:

Blogger Crispin Heath said...

I like the Royal Albert Hall. Have to say I only ever go for the ballet.

Wifey and I normally go to see the english national ballet production they put on around the beginning of the year, each year. Both really enjoy it, but both say each year, we're not fussed about seeing more than 1 production annually.

Unfortunately there's nothing on this year so we may have to get our annual fix elsewhere.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 10:34:00 AM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Hi Six,

I'd love to see the Ballet. I did the opera last year, maybe the ballet next and then a summertime, outdoor classical concert.

David CotW and his girlfriend are really big fans of the ballet too, and I believe they were at Sadlers Wells just a few weeks ago.

K x

Thursday, November 17, 2005 7:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home