Monday, November 14, 2005

My new job

I'm feeling a bit blown away this evening.

I started the new job today, in what seems like a really great place to work; the bosses are friendly and involved with every member of staff, the package is fantastic, staff turnover is basically zero (2 people left the job in 10 years), and I'm already booked to go to the Christmas Party, which is a 1920's theme, with gambling and champagne and jazz - absolutely everything paid for, including my taxi. Very nice too.

It's full-time, which is the first time I've felt in a position to work full hours, but one drawback is that I'll have to stop shopping fresh each day, in favour of having to do a whole heap of shopping over the weekend. Not sure how I feel about that, but I'll see how I go.

The first day went well anyway, and I think I did enough 'getting it' to show I got it!

Not sure why I'm feeling abit strange, but I'm guessing it's because I'm feeling a little bit adrift.

Too much change at once I suppose; 0-60 in 0.3 seconds.

9 Comments:

Blogger Crispin Heath said...

Good to hear it's going well and glad to see you can post at lunchtimes.

What is the new job f you don't mind me asking?

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 1:23:00 PM  
Blogger Span Ows said...

you're booked for the Xmas party?...are you the entertaiment?...;-)






Well done!

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 4:00:00 PM  
Blogger Span Ows said...

...sounds ominous though...2 people have left in 10 years...and were never seen again..DA, DA DAAAAA!!!!!!!

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 4:01:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Hello Six,

I'm working for a company that produces graphic film (not movies with questionable content, but the film for the printing of labels and tags etc.)

See that little label inside your phone, on your camera, your car, the kids bike - we make the film for those kind of things.

I'm in the sales department, with what seem like a good bunch of people.

It's all very technical stuff so the learning procees is going to be long, but I'll get there.

K x

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 6:27:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Hey Spanish!

Thanks for your words of encouragement......yeah right!

I am not the entertainment, I am the guest of bleedin honour, got that?!

Nice frock I'll be wearing, and I shall drink and gamble and Charleston the night away!

Lena xxx

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 6:28:00 PM  
Blogger Gavin Corder said...

You tell 'im! Span behave yourself!

But fantastic package eh?

(Sorry! Hangs head in shame!)

Sounds great and if you talk like you write sales will be a doddle for you! Just remember, close the sale!

(This is not a cue Span!)

Good luck.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:29:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Thank you Gav.

I'm looking forward to the time when all the technical stuff and processes have sunk in, and then I'll be fine.


K x

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 9:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

must be nice. i'm just a temp this week and i'm bored to tears. if i had to stay, i think i wouldn't hold on for very long. case in point... i'm at my desk. **envious over here.**

-lesley

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 12:30:00 AM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Hey Lesley/Sleepy,

There is a great programme here called Office Monkey.

Basically, people are given a number of outrageous things to do at work (like offer people cups of tea through a mega-phone, and dress for the office like Marie-Antoinette and all sorts!) There is a prize for completing the tasks and it is a sure winner if you get sacked on the spot!

K x

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 7:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home