Friday, December 23, 2005

All done!

That's it!

I've got Christmas!

The lights are on, the wine rack is nicely stocked and there is something hearty and delicious in the oven for our dinner!

No more work (other than the tons of things that having Christmas entails) until 3rd January!

Time to have a bit of reflection over the year, to be with Charlie in more than 10 minute snippets, to eat, drink, and basically be as merry as possible.

I spent a bundle of money in the supermarket, requiring four trips to and from the car (I live 6 floors up, and thank the sweet lord for giving man the ability to make lifts!) ably assisted by my son.

Whatever is forgotten, stays forgotten - I have made a solemn vow to myself, that I will not be seen near a shop until at least Tuesday, when I might need bread and milk and proper food!

So I think it probably just remains for me to wish all you good, good people, the happiest of Christmases.

Whatever you're doing, whoever you might, or might not, be doing it with, I hope you feel love and peace over the next few days, even if it's just for the briefest moment, in the smallest way imagineable.

Let's see what 2006 has in store!

I wish only the best for us all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Name Witheld said...

We're just about ready for Christmas now : it's a bit like crossing a finish line, isn't it? You sigh with relief when everything's done or, at least, when you think it's done!

Every good wish for Christmas and 2006 to you and Charlie!

Friday, December 23, 2005 7:51:00 PM  
Blogger Gavin Corder said...

Woo K! Good for you honey!

Friday, December 23, 2005 9:54:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

hello LPJ,

It's the smugness of myself that gets me every time!

I'm feeling all good and done, and then I'm remembering the bits that have been forgotten, and my solemn vow is melting away....I mean what's Christmas without a 10ld tin of chocolate?!?!

All the best,

K xx

Saturday, December 24, 2005 9:53:00 AM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

I thought 'woo' too, and now the forgotten bits are annoying the hell out of me!!

K xx

Saturday, December 24, 2005 9:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home