Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Here comes the bride...!!!

I'm loving the idea of gay marriages!

Forget the 'issues' for just a second, and just imagine what a fun and funky affair some of the ceremonies are going to be! Especially the boys who love to go so far overboard!

Lots of fluff and fancy feathers, all in hot pink, sporting killer heels and shedding buckets of tears!

A cliche perhaps, and I apologise to all, but it is a mental picture I'm enjoying! Wonderful!

My best friend's Mum has lived as a couple with her female partner for around 15 years now, and I believe they had a humanist ceremony some years ago. My friend found it a moving, if slightly bizarre experience and was rightfully happy that her Mum was happy. Now it will become the norm. I'm glad, and I hope they'll take the opportunity to legalise it now.

There is nothing I like more than a nice wedding. It warms the cockles of my heart to see two people who love each other, making a public commitment to share their lives.

And of course, I wish any couple, whether it be bride and groom, bride and bride, or groom and groom who might happen across this blog before their own big day, all the luck in the world.

But I really wanted to say that I think it's way after-time that the law is recognising the rights of same-sex couples, and I can see absolutely no reason why they should be denied the whole spectacle of a ceremony to top that.

Be it a quiet affair, or screamed from the rooftops, marriage is a truly great thing for those that feel to do it, and I'm only sorry that I have no friends that are planning on it anytime soon, gay or otherwise!

Having said that, I know Elton and David won't have forgotten me, and that my invite is winging it's way here as I write.

He only lives up the road, so it's a bit odd that I haven't had it yet...

No matter, I'm sure George and Kenny will remind him.

Oh! I'll need a hat, shoes, matching bag.....................................

2 Comments:

Blogger Mister Frost said...

Hi Lena! Is this where the party is? I've brought a bottle. But it's empty.

Firstly thanks for visiting me over on my blog - much appreciated. My thai post was inspired by you beautiful piece on Str33ter the other day.

We both have been fortunate enough to meet people who have managed to help us cut away the extraneous garbage life throws at us sometime and my experience certainly gave me a feeling of the scales falling from my eyes. Your amazing friend Str33ter seems to have done the same for you.

As for gay marriage it should be entertaining if the Wedding Planner on ITV News last night has anything to do with it. Giant polar bears and elks and a big stuffed panda wer some of his more popular wedding displays apparently. I'm not sure how a panda helps to seal your love. I'm not sure I want to know either.

Anyway, thanks for visiting me. I hope to be in touch again soon.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 11:38:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Hello Augustus,

I am really very happy to think that something in this blog inspired someone into such thoughts.

I'm aglow, i don't mind telling you!

Back with the theme, I think it really is a case of 'watch this space'!! There are going to be weddings that make Elton look small-fry!

Lena x

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 11:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home