Friday, December 30, 2005

Up in Suze's Room

Just watching/listening to the Paul Weller, Live in Hyde Park DVD that I was given for Christmas.

He is currently singing about the virtues of Suze and what it means to be up in her room...

It is stunning!

Oh to be Suze!

They follow this with a blinding rendition of 'Can you heal us Holy man?' that is just too amazing for words. And so on....


I was lucky enough to see him about 3 years ago, but sadly it was in the nasty confines of Wembley Arena, not on a fabulous English summer afternoon in Hyde Park! Oh well, you cannot have it all!

Anyway, if you like him, the DVD is worth having; jam-packed (no play on words intended)visually great, musically flawless.

I love surround sound!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mister Frost said...

I saw Paul Weller in 1985 (Style Council era) at Wembley having turned down the chance to see The Jam's penultimate gig three years before. What an idiot, eh? I seem to recall she was worth it at the time, now less so, in fact I can't remember her name... I shall call her Jammy.

Anyway, the Style Council gig was at the peak of the Red Wedge movement - all very laudable with Thatcher in number 10. The support act was a collective from somewhere in South London called "Black Britain". They were THE worst band I have EVER seen, and their most memorable song was a rap/crap affair called "Ain't No Rockin' (In A Police State)". Even now I shudder at the thought. They made the Redskins look like Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 11:35:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

ttHello Your Highness,

Nice of you to visit!

Bad move on the Jammy over the Jam decision - I mean, where is she now eh?

Apparently, The Ordinary Boys supported his last lot of gigs, and the first time I heard of them, was when Preston from the band, went into the Big Brother house!

He does pick em!

K x

Friday, January 13, 2006 6:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home