Thursday, February 16, 2006

Everybody needs good neighbours

And I have been truly blessed with two of mine, in the form of Lyndsey and her amazing daughter, Shannon.

They move out tomorrow, after nearly 6 years of sharing a little bit of daily life.

I am really happy for Lyndsey, as she has been sharing a meticulously kept one bedroom flat with Shannon, and the time has come where she could benefit from some kind of life of her own.

She's a great mum, who has worked hard and taken the blows of life on the chin, with optimism and fortitude, and I have a pile of respect with her name on it.

As for Shannon, she is a dynamic, unique, marvellous spirit, and it has been my pleasure entirely to see this little girls bonny face light up when she sees me.
She is tireless in her posting of little cards and sweets and home made gifts through the door, often with a ton of still-wet glue and glitter!

Lyndsey has seen my son grow from boy to young man, and Shannon was my neighbour before she was even born; I've seen her toddling along, and now to school, so it really feels like the end of an era.

I was so happy to have them here at Christmas time too, and Shannon's energy and joy at all things, really was wonderful to be around.

I shall miss them both, very much.

I am happy to report that they will not be far away, but of course, it cannot possibly be the same as it's been.

Who else will give me such silly pleasure, as they did this evening, by knocking on the door and finding a giggling little girl, wrapped up like a gift, in newspaper?!

I wish them love and luck.

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

"She is tireless in her posting of little cards and sweets and home made gifts through the door, often with a ton of still-wet glue and glitter!"...I can see that developing into a nasty habit!.
..;-)

I hope your new neighbours give you as much pleasure.

Friday, February 17, 2006 11:54:00 AM  
Blogger flyingfinn said...

I hardly know anything about my neighbours, except one; but even then we don't have that much to do with each other. We just kind of keep ourselves to ourselves.

Saturday, February 18, 2006 7:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home