Thursday, November 17, 2005

Getting what you're given vs Getting what you give

My thought for the day;

Am I expecting too much, or not enough?

It's really hard to tell at the moment.

On some levels, I don't see any good reason why I should think life owes me more than I've had, than I could have.

Then something kicks in that tells me to bloody well demand it!

I seem to keep coming across people that profess so much, or offer nothing beyond what is good for them.

They call themselves friends. They say I am their love.

And I take them at face value.

Not blindly; I believe in actions.

But I suspend my emotional needs, until long after I've noticed empty words and gestures.

From friends. From lovers.


Note to self: Stop doing that!

I hope to God I'm not kidding myself with the idea that I'm capable of changing this ridiculous side of my nature, and equally, I hope that in doing so, it doesn't turn me into a cynical old bitch.



Sod this.

I'm going to bed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gavin Corder said...

Yeah well boys are like lava lamps: fun to look at but not so bright.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b121/GavinCorder/llamp02.gif

Thursday, November 17, 2005 11:22:00 PM  
Blogger Kayfer Kettle said...

Nice little icon that Gav!

I wasn't just referring to the males of the species actually.

I have a friend who has been a drain on my resources too, all the while telling me how my other half was a drain on my resources!

Can't just blame the men in my life for this one!

K x

Friday, November 18, 2005 7:10:00 PM  
Blogger Gavin Corder said...

Blimey! Have I 'fessed up unnecessarily? I am obviously accustomed to being in the wrong...note to self - get a grip Corder!

Friday, November 18, 2005 8:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home